Roasted Red Pepper Houmous with Almond and Rosemary Toasts
- 2 Whole Red Peppers, roasted and skin removed
- 400g tinned Chickpeas
- 60g Tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, Peeled & finely Chopped
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin
To roast peppers
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and white pith.
- Toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in hot roasting tin.
- Roast for 30 minutes in oven @ 200°C.
- Remove from oven and place in clean bowl.
- Cover with cling film and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle remove the skins.
- Place peppers in processor. Blitz for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and garlic. Process for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth. If too thick add up to 2 tablespoon cold water while processing.